Goodbye to hair and stubble
Hair removal methods: which works best?
Afeitado: una depilación rápida y directa
Depilación con cera: para una piel suave durante semanas
La depiladora: eliminar el vello de forma giratoria
Which hair removal method is the right one for you?
- If you are looking for a thorough hair removal method that doesn’t hurt or take up a lot of time, you should choose the classic wet razor method. However, the hairs that are shaved off with a razor directly on the surface of the skin grow back again within 1-3 days.
- For those who dream of having smooth legs for weeks, but aren’t afraid of a little pain and don’t have sensitive skin, an electric epilator is the right choice.
- For a cost-effective method for smooth skin lasting 1-2 months, we recommend waxing. Hot and cold wax kits are very suitable for home treatments.
- Do you want to have smooth legs and armpits quickly but are worried about hurting yourself with razor blades? Then you should try out hair removal creams.
- Those who want to get rid of troublesome hair permanently will find that laser treatment is the best choice.
Short and sweet: even more methods of hair removal
- Hair removal creams and gels work with ingredients that dissolve keratin, causing the hair to disintegrate quickly and completely without pain.
- To remove the hair, apply the cream to the areas of the body you wish to treat and leave it for approximately 10 minutes. Then the cream and the hair can be simply removed with a spatula. The hair grows back after 5-7 days, but somewhat softer than before.
- Take care if you have sensitive skin, if it is wounded or if you have sunburn! Our tip: test your tolerance first on an inconspicuous area of your body, such as the crook of your arm.
- Approximately 7% of women prefer an electric razor to remove their unwanted hair. Its shaving heads glide gently over the skin and cut the hair directly on the surface of the skin. This works simply and quickly, but has to be repeated after only 2-3 days.
- If you want to remove your body hair permanently then you should consider laser treatment. This involves light impulses penetrating deep into the skin, heating the root of the hair and destroying it. The skin and tissue are not damaged in the process. However, this type of treatment should only be carried out by an experienced professional or dermatologist.
Never work without foam or gel
No matter how much of a hurry you are in – you should never do without using a shaving gel or foam when wet shaving. These ensure there is a film on the skin that allows the blade to move more smoothly. They also usually contain ingredients that soothe the skin before it is shaved. If you use such products when removing hair, you will avoid wounding the skin, causing redness or small spots and will be able to delight in having wonderfully smooth and silky skin.
Our tip for epilation and waxing: these work best when the skin is dry and free of oil. So do not apply cream for 24 hours in advance on the areas of the skin that you wish to epilate.
But please be careful: something to bear in mind
Antes: para obtener los mejores resultados, la piel debería estar seca y libre de ace
Después: la piel necesita cuidados
Little tips for hair removal
- Depilarse frecuentemente estresa la piel y elimina su hidratación y su contenido en lípidos naturales.
- Es importante aplicar una buena capa de crema en la piel tras desinfectarla. Nuestro consejo: elige una loción corporal que contenga ingredientes calmantes, como manzanilla o pantenol; por ejemplo NIVEA Repara & Cuida Body Milk.
- La piel es especialmente delicada en las axilas y, en consecuencia, se reseca fácilmente o empieza a picar. Un desodorante puede ayudar tras la depilación: NIVEA Double Effect Spray, con extractos natural de Papaya puede proteger la piel de irritaciones.
- Los pelos enquistados son una consecuencia desagradable, si bien lamentablemente frecuente, de la depilación. Exfoliarse con regularidad, una vez por semana, impide que las células muertas de la piel bloqueen el tallo del pelo y permite que crezca el vello nuevo.